Meet the Queen
My name is Vanessa Vance. I have 17 years experience in the public school system working as an inclusive classroom teacher, as well as a Reading Specialist with Title I and Reading Recovery and college professor in Early Childhood and Psychology. I am currently working as a Family-Child Educator and Independent Trainer / Teacher-Leader.
BA Elementary Education
- Reading minor
- Early Childhood endorsement
- Reading Recovery certification
Masters in Education
- Bal-A-Vis X
- Multiple Intelligences
- Autism in Youth
- Therapeutic Listening
- Numerous literacy trainings
- NAEYC – National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Time to Teach – Associate / National Trainer
- I believe every child can learn
- I believe it is a duty of teachers to facilitate their learning process
- I believe all children have unique talents
- I believe all children develop their own personality
I believe first and foremost, all students, no matter their age, should be treated with dignity and respect. They should be allowed the opportunity to grow and thrive in a safe, non-threatening environment. Everyone should feel free to share their ideas and beliefs without being criticized or judged.
I believe the role of the teacher is that of a facilitator, guiding students through the learning process, while allowing them to grow individually. All students learn differently, and it’s the responsibility of the teacher to diversify the teaching strategies to meet the needs of the students.
As a learner myself, I want to continue to collaborate with other teachers to gain insight on new strategies, keeping my instruction up-to-date and fresh with new, innovative ideas. I contemplate my lessons before and after, as well as ask for reflection from the students.
Lifelong learning is important throughout our existence. We all learn from each other. Equipping students with the tools they need to be prepared in life is the key to lasting success!